Michael D. Curran
- Civil Law
- Labor & Employment
- Business Law
Michael D. Curran, Esq.
Michael Curran is a trial attorney who has been working in different areas of general civil law, labor and employment law, among other areas of business law, and has represented a wide variety of clients in private practice in many aspects of business and civil litigation, ranging from individuals to large corporations. Michael's practice history has included hundreds of cases in various federal and state courts at trial as well as in alternative settings such as arbitration, mediation, and state administrative proceedings including the California Labor Commissioner.
In addition to his law degree, Michael has earned his Airline Transport Pilot and Flight Instructor Certificates. Michael has served the North and San Diego County courts for over 10 years as a Judge Pro Tem and Settlement Conference Judge and has taught as Adjunct Faculty for Mira Costa College as a Business Law Professor. In 2018, he received Attorney of the Year from the North County Bar Association.
Michael has served numerous times as a legal expert commentator for KUSI and other local television stations and have been the live on site event announcer for the US Triathlon Series, San Diego Marathon, La Jolla Half-Marathon and approximately 600 other triathlon, running, cycling and fitness events across the country.
- California, 1990
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1990
- Named to Super Lawyers, 2020-2021
- Attorney of the Year, North County Bar Association, 2018
- North County Bar Association, Member
Community and Legal Activities
- North and San Diego County Courts, Judge Pro Tem and Settlement Conference Judge
- Mira Costa College, Adjunct Faculty, Business Law Professor
- KUSI and other Local Television Stations, Legal Expert Commentator
- US Triathlon Series, San Diego Marathon, La Jolla Half-Marathon and other Triathlon, Running, Cycling and Fitness Events, Site Event Announcer